Traffic and Parking Control Co., Inc. ("TAPCO" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
TAPCO is the sole owner of the information collected on this site.This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit BlinkLink.net and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- From BlinkLink.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and BlinkLink.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from BlinkLink, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and BlinkLink.
- From BlinkLink integrated with third-party software systems leveraging an application programming interface (API) for connection, communication and operation.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on BlinkLink.
Information We Collect About You/Third Parties and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and
about motor vehicles and potentially on motor
vehicle operators and passengers on BlinkLink,
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as images and/or videos of motor vehicles, which may include license plate numbers and images and/or motor vehicle operators and passengers.
We collect this information:
- From pre-configured, activated cameras and other detection devices mounted on TAPCO Intelligent Warning Systems, including but not limited to wrong way driver detection systems, pedestrian crosswalk and midblock warning systems, BlinkerStop® LED-enhanced stop signs, and other detection systems.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through BlinkLink may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on BlinkLink. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use BlinkLink, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with BlinkLink.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with BlinkLink, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to BlinkLink, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. The information helps us to improve BlinkLink and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize BlinkLink according to your individual interests.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Information
We use information that we collect about you or third party pedestrians and/or motor vehicles and motor vehicle operators/passengers or that we collect through images and/or videos:
- To present BlinkLink and its contents to you and the users identified upon agreement.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us, including traffic and pedestrian monitoring.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to BlinkLink or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information or Third Party Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TAPCO's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TAPCO about BlinkLink users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or for which it is collected from third parties.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide or we collect the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TAPCO, our customers, or others.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of BlinkLink, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to BlinkLink. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on BlinkLink.
Data collected on BlinkLink will be retained according to the following retention schedule:
|Type of Data
|Digital video footage.
|Images and controller data logs.
Exceptions to the retention schedule:
- Data will be held beyond the applicable retention schedule if TAPCO receives notice of a litigation hold or other legal process. Data subject to a litigation hold or other legal process hold shall be retained until the hold expires. Data will be purged 30 days after the expiration of any litigation or other legal process hold.
- Data will be held beyond the above retention schedule if a customer requests TAPCO retain the data if and only if TAPCO and the Customer agree in writing on:
- The amended retention period for the specified data
- The cost and payment terms for retaining the specified data beyond the retention period.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Contact us using our online form or via our toll-free number: 866-753-6255
To register a complaint or concern, please Contact us using our online form and state the nature of your complaint with particularity.